ENERGY STAR Home Lighting Makeover Sweepstakes
Ready to upgrade to LED light bulbs around your home? In celebration of Earth Day, we’re giving you the chance to upgrade your household light bulbs and fixtures to ENERGY STAR certified products on us! The contest begins today, April 4th and ends at midnight on June 19. Enter below before time runs out. Two winners will receive a customized selection of ENERGY STAR certified light bulbs worth up to $500 retail value. One grand prize winner will receive a customized selection of ENERGY STAR light bulbs and fixtures worth up to $1000 retail value. Winners will be drawn on the following dates:
- April 25 - Custom ENERGY STAR Light Bulbs Package
- May 23 - Custom ENERGY STAR Light Bulbs Package
- June 20 - Grand Prize Custom ENERGY STAR Light Bulbs and Fixtures Package
To enter the contest, simply provide us with your name and email address using the Rafflecopter app. You can earn an additional entry by leaving us a comment below.
What's so great about ENERGY STAR light bulbs and fixtures?
- Bulbs and fixtures that have earned the ENERGY STAR use about 70 to 90 percent less energy than standard bulbs and last 10 to 25 times longer.
- A single light bulb that has earned the ENERGY STAR can save, on average, between $30 and $75 in electricity costs and prevents, on average, between 460 and 1,300 pounds of greenhouse gas emissions over its lifetime.
How are ENERGY STAR light bulbs different than standard LED?
LED bulbs are known for being more energy efficient than incandescent or CFL alternatives, but ENERGY STAR LED bulbs are the cream of the crop. In order to earn the ENERGY STAR label, the product must pass the following tests:
- Equivalent brightness as incandescent or fluorescent bulbs
- Uniform light distribution over the lighted area
- Light output stays consistent until the end of the rated lifespan, at least 35,000 hours (or 12 years based on 8 hours per day)
- Does not flicker when dimmed with a compatible dimmer
- Does not draw power when the light bulb is off, with the exception of external controls
If every American home replaced their five most frequently used light fixtures or the bulbs in them with ones that have earned the ENERGY STAR, we would save $4 billion each year in energy costs and prevent greenhouse gas emissions equivalent to 5 million fewer cars on the road. Join the movement to go green by entering to win one of the prize packages and start planning your home lighting makeover with our ENERGY STAR certified light bulbs.
Each winner will be chosen at random for the two ENERGY STAR light bulb prize packages and the grand prize. If you have any questions about the giveaway, feel free to ask in the comments section below or on any of our social channels. Terms and conditions apply.
Winners will be contacted via email and will have two weeks to respond or another winner will be chosen.